It’s that time again! To celebrate the publication of Grace Cries Uncle, my sixth Manor House Mystery, I’ve come up with a quick, easy quiz that I know readers will soar through. Answers are provided below, so no worries if you get one wrong, but I’d love to hear how you do! Let me know on:
Or Twitter: @JulieHyzy
Ready to play? Let’s go!
- Readers first encounter Marshfield Manor in Grace Under Pressure. What is it, and where is it located?
- An old, haunted house outside of Boston
- A mansion/tourist attraction/museum in North Carolina
- A pet spa in Southern California
- A bookstore in Canada
- Who is the newest “member of the family” readers meet in Grace Interrupted?
- Golden Retriever named Shadow
- Black Labrador named K’Ehleyr
- Siamese cat named Galena
- Tuxedo cat named Bootsie
- What does Grace defend herself with in the climactic scene in Grace Among Thieves?
- Bennett’s treasured antique sword
- She doesn’t defend herself; she waits to be saved by someone else.
- A high-stakes game of Rock, Paper, Scissors
- She sings so badly the assailant runs screaming away
- Where does Grace Takes Off open?
- Chicago, IL
- Paris, France
- Florence, Italy
- Madrid, Spain
- In Grace Against the Clock, where is the titular clock located?
- In a blighted section of Emberstowne
- In Marshfield’s banquet hall
- In Grace’s imagination
- There is no clock
- I know you haven’t read it yet, but I’m sure you know this: What test does Bennett finally convince Grace to take in Grace Cries Uncle?
- The SAT
- Driver’s License
- DNA test to determine if Bennett and Grace are related
- Pregnancy test
- Who is most likely to cause trouble in Grace Cries Uncle?
- Bennett, who constantly strives to keep Grace safe
- Scott and Bruce, who supply Grace with unconditional support, and plenty of wine
- Bootsie, who sits in Grace’s lap and purrs contentedly
- Liza, Grace’s estranged sister, who shows up without warning looking for a place to stay.
1 – b) A mansion/tourist attraction/museum in North Carolina
2 – d) Tuxedo cat named Bootsie
3 – a) Bennett’s treasured antique sword
4 – c) Florence, Italy
5 – a) In a blighted section of Emberstowne
6 – c) DNA test to determine if Bennett and Grace are related
7 – d) Liza, Grace’s estranged sister. Just wait until you see what trouble she stirs up!